- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Jason Arnott Items
The Capitals' injury saga developed slightly Wednesday morning as Alex Ovechkin and Jason Arnott both spent some time on the ice at the team's practice facility and addressed the media for the first time since their "undisclosed" ailments were revealed.
Capitals games, you may have noticed, have become quite a bit quieter. There are fewer sirens going off, fewer red lights flashing, fewer rafter-rattling celebrations by the Verizon Center crowd. For long stretches, it's so silent you can almost hear a puck drop.
The Capitals can clinch a playoff spot Tuesday night in Philadelphia, but they’ll attempt to do so without their best player.
The Capitals are 7-0 since acquiring Jason Arnott from the Devils at the trade deadline. Now they'll have to see how they do without him.
The Washington Capitals are back where they expected to be, riding an eight-game winning streak and challenging for the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
It wasn't pretty, but the Capitals used a third-period rally to earn their seventh straight win, beating the Carolina Hurricanes 2-1 at Verizon Center Friday night.
Coming home from a two-game road trip through Florida where they took the lead in the Southeast Division, the Capitals used their dormant power-play Wednesday night to fuel a 5-0 win over the Edmonton Oilers at Verizon Center.
Washington's centerpiece trade deadline deal continued to pay big dividends Thursday night, as new Capital Jason Arnott buried an Alexander Semin feed with just 5:19 left to play in regulation in a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues at Verizon Center.
The Capitals made some bold moves at the trade deadline to bolster a slumping offense, and one of the team's new pieces paid big dividends to help Washington beat the New York Islanders 2-1 in overtime Tuesday night at Verizon Center.