- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Jason Bartlett
Jamie Moyer is headed to the Hall of Fame.
Clint Barmes hit a three-run homer and J.A. Happ pitched six solid innings against his former team as the Houston Astros beat Philadelphia 5-2 on Tuesday night, preventing the Phillies from wrapping up a playoff spot.
Tim Stauffer shut down the Dodgers for 6 1-3 innings, Jason Bartlett homered and the San Diego Padres averted a three-game sweep by beating Los Angeles 3-0 Wednesday night.
The Padres have placed shortstop Jason Bartlett on the paternity leave list and recalled infielder Everth Cabrera from Triple-A Tucson.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
The Tampa Bay Rays are counting on Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon to help them remain competitive in baseball's toughest division.
The San Diego Padres finalized their $11.5 million, two-year contract with second baseman Orlando Hudson on Monday.
The San Diego Padres added a new double-play combination on Friday when they reacquired shortstop Jason Bartlett in a trade with the Tampa Bay Rays and closed in on a deal with second baseman Orlando Hudson.
A few hours apart, both Chicago teams filled their needs at first base _ Carlos Pena joined the Cubs, Paul Konerko returned to the White Sox.
Michael Young hit a three-run homer after a disputed check-swing, helping C.J. Wilson and the Texas Rangers beat the Tampa Bay Rays 6-0 Thursday for a 2-0 lead in their AL division series.
Evan Longoria homered, drove in two runs and scored twice, and the Tampa Bay Rays blew a four-run lead before rebounding to beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-4 on Wednesday.
Rookie Wade Davis allowed one run over eight innings in another sparkling performance against the Baltimore Orioles, Evan Longoria had two hits during a seven-run third inning and the Tampa Bay Rays rolled to an 8-1 victory Monday night.
"Something clicked that year where everything was going right," Bartlett said of the '09 season. "Hopefully it clicks again."
Bartlett said he initially found out about the deal then because he has an MLB trade rumor application on his iPhone and he got an update saying the trade was official.