- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Jason Bartlett Items
Jamie Moyer is headed to the Hall of Fame.
Clint Barmes hit a three-run homer and J.A. Happ pitched six solid innings against his former team as the Houston Astros beat Philadelphia 5-2 on Tuesday night, preventing the Phillies from wrapping up a playoff spot.
Tim Stauffer shut down the Dodgers for 6 1-3 innings, Jason Bartlett homered and the San Diego Padres averted a three-game sweep by beating Los Angeles 3-0 Wednesday night.
The Padres have placed shortstop Jason Bartlett on the paternity leave list and recalled infielder Everth Cabrera from Triple-A Tucson.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
The Tampa Bay Rays are counting on Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon to help them remain competitive in baseball's toughest division.
The San Diego Padres finalized their $11.5 million, two-year contract with second baseman Orlando Hudson on Monday.
The San Diego Padres added a new double-play combination on Friday when they reacquired shortstop Jason Bartlett in a trade with the Tampa Bay Rays and closed in on a deal with second baseman Orlando Hudson.
A few hours apart, both Chicago teams filled their needs at first base _ Carlos Pena joined the Cubs, Paul Konerko returned to the White Sox.