- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Jason Dement
An American tourist planning only a 6-day vacation with his wife in Turkey who collected stones as a hobby was detained Sunday and faces trial for attempting to smuggle "historical artifacts" from the country.
"It had no inscription," Mr. Dement told the Associated Press. "It came from an ordinary beach. There were no historical sites around, no ancient ruins."
He told the AP that he and his wife like to collect stones as souvenirs.