- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Jason Dement
An American tourist planning only a 6-day vacation with his wife in Turkey who collected stones as a hobby was detained Sunday and faces trial for attempting to smuggle "historical artifacts" from the country.
"It had no inscription," Mr. Dement told the Associated Press. "It came from an ordinary beach. There were no historical sites around, no ancient ruins."
He told the AP that he and his wife like to collect stones as souvenirs.