- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Jason Grilli
The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated closer Jason Grilli off the disabled list and optioned catcher Tony Sanchez to Triple-A Indianapolis.
The Washington Nationals threw out a lineup Friday night that didn't include injured stars Ryan Zimmerman or Bryce Harper but did include four players hitting .192 or lower.
The injury-ravaged Nationals threw out a lineup that included four players hitting .192 or worse. Getting opportunities wasn't an issue. Taking advantage of them was another matter entirely. Washington stranded at least one runner in every inning.
The bagel next to Charlie Morton's record is gone. All it took was a little tinkering with the Pittsburgh Pirates lineup, a familiar face at the back of the bullpen and a right-fielder who is quickly achieving cult status.
The Pittsburgh Pirates placed catcher Russell Martin on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring and were successful in a second attempt at putting closer Jason Grilli on the DL with a left oblique strain.
The Pittsburgh Pirates have attempted to put closer Jason Grilli on the 15-day disabled list but were unable to complete the move before their game against the St. Louis Cardinals.
The Pirates aren't accustomed to seeing closer Jason Grilli struggle. They are, however, plenty familiar with Ryan Braun punishing them.
Jason Grilli was bothered more by the single he gave up before the game-winning two-run homer.
The Pittsburgh Pirates have placed National League saves leader Jason Grilli on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right forearm.
"You can't give up a hit in that situation. You either put him away or waste a pitch," Grilli said. "That bothers me more than the home run. The home run, I can live with. I got a fastball up and Braun is a good hitter. If I do my job one batter earlier then Braun never gets a chance to beat me."