- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - jason heyward
Jason Heyward went 3 for 3, Justin Upton drove in three runs with a single and a double, and an Atlanta Braves split squad tied the Miami Marlins 6-6 on Saturday in a game stopped after nine innings.
Julio Teheran worked around six base runners to match Jordan Zimmermann with three scoreless innings and lead the Atlanta Braves to a 3-2 win over the Atlanta Braves on Thursday night.
Freddy Garcia ran his streak of perfect innings to five in his bid to earn a spot in the Braves' rotation, Mets' top prospect Noah Syndergaard pitched two scoreless innings in his Grapefruit League debut and New York beat Atlanta 6-2 Monday.
Detroit newcomers Joe Nathan and Joba Chamberlain each pitched a scoreless inning to help the Tigers beat the Atlanta Braves 5-2 on Thursday.
The Atlanta Braves and shortstop Andrelton Simmons agreed on a $58 million, seven-year contract on Thursday, a record deal for the latest young star locked up by the NL East champions.
The Atlanta Braves have been on a signing spree.
All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel and the Atlanta Braves avoided salary arbitration by agreeing to a $42 million, four-year contract.
Craig Kimbrel saw the growing list of young Braves players committing to long-term deals and decided he wanted to jump on board.
Jason Heyward is happy he can report to spring training without having to worry about salary arbitration.
Freeman, 24, was an All-Star last year, when he hit .319 with 23 homers and 109 RBI. He matched his career high in home runs and set highs in batting average and RBI. He has topped 20 home runs in three straight seasons.
The Atlanta Braves agreed to eight-year contract with first baseman Freddie Freeman that is worth about $125 million on Tuesday.
Jerry Blevins has a lot expected of him entering the 2014 season, but the seven-year veteran is already preparing for it.
The Braves agreed Friday to one-year contracts with pitchers Kris Medlen and Mike Minor, infielder Chris Johnson and outfielder Jordan Schafer.
The National League East has a great deal of young talent all the way around, but which young players in the division are the best?
The Atlanta Braves activated outfielder Jason Heyward from the disabled list, and he'll wear a special face mask to protect his jaw when he bats leadoff Friday afternoon against the Chicago Cubs.
"I had the perfect swing and I just raked it," said Heyward, who hit 14 homers last season. "Doing it off a left-handed pitcher made it even better. My swing is taking care of itself."
"Physically, I feel great, being 24 years old and being blessed with some genetics to go along with that," he said. "I'm growing up still in this game and I'm looking forward to what my body is going to allow me to do going forward."