- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Latest Jason Mitchell Items
The 12-person jury on Tuesday began deciding whether to convict 25-year-old Jason Mitchell of first-degree felony murder and armed burglary. Trial testimony indicated that Mitchell hatched the plot for five Fort Myers-area to burglarize Taylor's home near Miami after previously seeing large amounts of cash there.
A Florida jury has convicted a man prosecutors called the ringleader of a botched 2007 Miami-area burglary that ended with the fatal shooting of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor.
Sasha Johnson testified Tuesday that Rivera played for a little league football team in Fort Myers coached by her father. Johnson also dated the brother of another man charged in Taylor's 2007 killing.
MIAMI | The half-sister of slain Redskins star Sean Taylor testified Tuesday that she knew the alleged shooter and that another suspect in the case saw Taylor give her a $10,000 cash birthday present weeks before the November 2007 slaying.