- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
Latest Jason Moran Items
Now in its ninth year, the DC Jazz Festival runs through June 15 with more than 125 performances at more than 40 venues around town.
Detectives have long wondered what secrets serial killer John Wayne Gacy and other condemned murderers took to the grave when they were executed — mostly whether they had other unknown victims.
On Monday, the Woolly Mammoth Theatre Cmpany will premiere Korean-American playwright Mia Chung's play exploring life inside the totalitarian nation of North Korea and what people will do to escape it.
Nordic artists, including a percussionist who carves instruments from Norwegian glacier ice, will take over the Kennedy Center next year for a monthlong festival to cap a new season of programs in 2012 and 2013 that were announced Tuesday.
Nordic artists, including a percussionist who carves instruments from Norwegian glacier ice, will take over the Kennedy Center next year for a monthlong festival to cap a season of programs in 2012 and 2013, as announced Tuesday.
The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts on Tuesday tapped 36-year-old pianist and composer Jason Moran to be its artistic adviser for jazz, replacing Billy Taylor, who died in December at 89.
The Kennedy Center has chosen 36-year-old pianist Jason Moran as its artistic adviser for jazz, a post long held by acclaimed musician Billy Taylor until he died last year at 89.
The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts on Tuesday tapped 36-year-old pianist and composer Jason Moran to be its artistic adviser for jazz, a post held by acclaimed musician Billy Taylor until his death last December at 89.
More than 30 years after a collection of skeletal remains was found beneath John Wayne Gacy's house, detectives have secretly exhumed bones of eight young men who were never identified in hopes of answering a final question: Who were they?