- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
Latest Javelin Items
It all began in 2011, when Oregon volleyball coach Jim Moore got a knock on his door shortly after the Ducks' season wrapped up.
The year was 1967, and 23-year-old Syracuse University student Bob Wheeler had been hitchhiking across the country, conducting hundreds of interviews for his master's thesis, an oral history of legendary American Indian athlete and Olympian Jim Thorpe.
World record-holder Asthon Eaton extended his lead to 222 points over American teammate Trey Hardee after eight of 10 events in the Olympic decathlon on Thursday.
Jessica Ennis kicked off the London Olympic athletics meet early morning with the fastest 100-meter hurdles ever run in the heptathlon and added a great 200 under darkened skies to take a big step toward gold for the host nation in the seven-event competition.
Michael Hammond doesn't mind waiting.
Marquise Wright didn't know what to expect from the college recruiting process.
Ben Koyack hails from a family of musicians, complete with a music teacher as a mother.
Pakistan is seeking advanced U.S. attack helicopters and other weapons to bolster preparations for what its military is calling a "silent surge" into the mountain lairs of al Qaeda's senior leadership in the country's Northwest Frontier Province.