- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Jay Jones
Authorities say a woman attacked by dogs in the eastern Alabama community of Phenix City remained in critical condition at the start of the weekend at an Atlanta-area hospital.
"They came in waves," said Jay Jones, customer-service supervisor at the post office in Hagerstown, population 39,000.
He said workers had to individually scan more than 30,000 boxes of bulbs, and some carriers made extra trips to deliver them.