- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - J.D. Patterson
Miami Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez wants the county's police department to turn over investigations of its police-involved shootings to the state. Gimenez wrote last week in a memo to Miami Dade County Police Director J.D. Patterson that he also wants the state to investigate deaths of people in police custody.
He told The Miami Herald Friday (http://hrld.us/1dGEDqA ) the current system works, but he added that turning over such investigations would free up department resources.