- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
Topic - J.D. Patterson
Miami Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez wants the county's police department to turn over investigations of its police-involved shootings to the state. Gimenez wrote last week in a memo to Miami Dade County Police Director J.D. Patterson that he also wants the state to investigate deaths of people in police custody.
He told The Miami Herald Friday (http://hrld.us/1dGEDqA ) the current system works, but he added that turning over such investigations would free up department resources.