- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - J.D. Patterson
Miami Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez wants the county's police department to turn over investigations of its police-involved shootings to the state. Gimenez wrote last week in a memo to Miami Dade County Police Director J.D. Patterson that he also wants the state to investigate deaths of people in police custody.
He told The Miami Herald Friday (http://hrld.us/1dGEDqA ) the current system works, but he added that turning over such investigations would free up department resources.