- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Jean-Marie Le Pen
Latest Jean-Marie Le Pen Items
They are France's millions-strong minority with a voice that usually falls silent at election time. But this year, there is a special new effort to mobilize French Muslims to speak up at the ballot box in Sunday's presidential race — amid a surge of Islam-bashing among the French right.
Nicolas Sarkozy is parroting French far-right leader Marine Le Pen and embracing her anti-immigrant electorate in a desperate bid for a second term as president.
Socialist Francois Hollande and conservative Nicolas Sarkozy go head-to-head in France's presidential runoff, but a third figure looms large in the campaign: the leader of the nation's far-right National Front.
Socialist Francois Hollande and conservative President Nicolas Sarkozy are heading for a runoff election in their race for France's presidency, according to partial official results in a vote that could alter the European political and economic landscape.
Marine Le Pen has purged the old guard from her father's extreme-right National Front party and is reaching out to Jews, maligned under his leadership, in her bid to be the next president of France.
French far-right leader Marine Le Pen sought a unifying, presidential tone in a Labor Day speech on Sunday as she tried to bring her party closer to the political mainstream ahead of a general election due in April.
PARIS — Jean-Marie Le Pen's role as a force in French politics appeared to be over after his ultra-nationalist party received its worst drubbing in 25 years in the first round of legislative elections on Sunday.