- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Jean Segura
Here is one guy's attempt at coming up with something for every team, as in the spirit of the holiday, we should all be thankful.
Luis Valbuena, Nate Schierholtz and Brian Bogusevic homered, and the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 5-1 Thursday to stop a five-game losing streak.
By the time all of the ballots were cast, all the specifically hashtagged tweets sent, all of the text messages received, Washington Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond finished fourth in the Final Vote contest for a spot on the National League All-Star team.
The Los Angeles Angels made their latest big move Friday, acquiring ace pitcher ZackGreinke from the Milwaukee Brewers for rookie shortstop Jean Segura and two minor leaguers.
"I wouldn't sit there and ask for anything that is outlandish," he said. "I would take a discount to stay here because I think I owe it to them to stay here and be a cheaper player."