- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Jeff Compher
Many college football fans will awake New Year's Day, glance at the TV listings, and then face a pressing question.
ECU athletic director Jeff Compher said in a statement the series allows the schools "to recognize and properly pay tribute to a tragedy that ties the communities of Greenville and Huntington together."
"I already owed my wife big-time," Compher said, "so how great is that?"