- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Latest Jeff Jones Items
The highlight of Minnesota's latest recruiting class is a hometown kid: running back Jeff Jones.
As of Tuesday morning, Mike Brennan had an 8-0 conference record in his debut season as head coach at American University.
The 52-year-old Jones compiled a 212-182 record in 13 seasons at American. Four of his last six teams won at least 20 games, but the Eagles slipped to 10-20 last season.
The boxscore says American committed only seven turnovers against No. 15 Georgetown, including just one after halftime.The boxscore says American committed only seven turnovers against No. 15 Georgetown, including just one after halftime.
Stephen Lumpkins was willing to surrender a lot, and do it quickly, to chase a longtime dream.
It's an understandable topic, really. Charles Hinkle, he of the 18.4 points per game, has graduated from American.
Hard-fought, sloppy, physical: Any way you slice it, Wednesday night's Patriot League quarterfinal at Bender Arena was far from pretty.
There were no complex explanations for American's first loss at home all season, a setback that cost the Eagles a shot at a share of a conference title.
Were he inclined to take it easy, Jeff Jones could have enjoyed one of the calmest nights in his coaching career Wednesday.