- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
Latest Jeff King Items
A review of the best and worst performances by the Washington Redskins' defense and some observations after re-watching the TV broadcast of their 22-21 win over the Arizona Cardinals.
About two minutes into his first practice as an Arizona Cardinal, Kevin Kolb lofted a long pass to Todd Heap.
The off-field frenzy has not let up for the Arizona Cardinals.
Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt is downplaying chances for a quick resolution of the team's search for a new starting quarterback.
Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons put a decisive stamp on the NFC South title and home-field advantage in the playoffs by beating Carolina 31-10 on Sunday in John Fox's last game as Panthers coach.
John Fox was denied a contract extension for two years, then told to finish out his deal coaching a stripped-down, youthful, banged-up roster that's become the worst team in the NFL.
Carolina coach John Fox dropped his head and tossed his headset. Panthers players slumped their shoulders, then raced to console kicker John Kasay.
Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith tried to diffuse any potential controversy between he and rookie quarterback Jimmy Clausen on Wednesday.
Chris Gamble feels old at 27. Jordan Gross was struck by all the new faces in the stretching lines at practice. And Jeff King knows the few veterans remaining must take on much larger roles.