- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Jeff Mathis
The Padres are on a roll, proving how quick momentum can flip in baseball.
Ryan Zimmerman homered twice and drove in three runs to power the Washington Nationals to a 9-2 victory over the Miami Marlins on Saturday night.
The AL West-chasing Los Angeles Angels have to wait until the final series of the regular season for another head-to-head opportunity against Texas.
Jeff Mathis had a 10-game hitting streak during the first month of last season and was batting .324 heading into April 19.
"He didn't have a good feel for his sinker today and that is his bread and butter," catcher Jeff Mathis said. "Without his sinker today we were doing what we could do throw the ball over the plate."
"I think the main thing today was he didn't have a feel for his sinker," catcher Jeff Mathis said.