- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Latest Jeff Schultz Items
Jeff Schultz has gone more than year since he last played in the NHL, but the former Caps defenseman is expected to make his L.A. Kings debut in Game 2 vs. Anaheim
Schultz was set to enter the final year of a four-year, $11 million deal. He led the league with a plus-50 plus-minus rating in 2009-10 but was a healthy scratch for much of last season, appearing in only 26 games.
Braden Holtby just stared. It was Game 7 against the Boston Bruins, and Rich Peverley slashed him across the left arm. The Washington Capitals' rookie goaltender didn't flinch.
Every game day in 2012, Jeff Schultz has gotten to the rink and learned he wasn't playing. Twelve straight games, no injury and the defenseman couldn't crack the Washington Capitals' lineup. The team even called up Tomas Kundratek to make his NHL debut rather than play Schultz.
By the end of the night, Jason Chimera was the hero in the Washington Capitals' 4-3 overtime victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Wednesday at Verizon Center.
Mike Green was still limping around Wednesday. Even worse was that he was limping around after not taking part in the Washington Capitals' practice at Rexall Place.
Defensive-zone coverage was one of the Capitals' paramount changes last season as they turned into one of the more reliable teams in their own end of the rink.
Ondrej Pavelec made 36 saves for his third shutout of the season and Nik Antropov scored the only goal as the Atlanta Thrashers won for only the fifth time in 17 games, blanking Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals 1-0 on Wednesday night.Paul
Defenseman Jeff Schultz has agreed to a four-year, $11 million contract to remain with the Washington Capitals.