- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Jeh Johnson Items
The government is falling short in assessing the risks of a program that allows tens of thousands of foreign students to stay in the United States and work for close to 2 1/2 years, according to a newly released report from the Government Accountability Office.
Senators blocked President Obama's nominee to lead the Justice Department's civil rights division Wednesday in a bipartisan filibuster, with opponents saying his history defending a convicted cop-killer in the Supreme Court made him a poor choice.
President Barack Obama is nominating a Coast Guard vice admiral to be the next Coast Guard commandant.
New Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson is reviewing the department's use-of-force policies, a Homeland Security official said Friday.
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson acknowledged Wednesday that he never read the background security check for his top staffer, telling lawmakers he based his hiring of chief of staff Christian Marrone solely on their time together at the Defense Department.
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson told Congress Wednesday that he wants to try to keep the department's drones focused on border security — though he didn't rule out lending them out to other law enforcement agencies for serious investigations.
Canny marketers have tiptoed into "We the People," the White House's public petition outreach that draws motley interest groups with myriad causes. And now the cause is baseball, beer, opening day revels and official blessings.
The resume Christian Marrone submitted to the government to win his job as Homeland Security Department chief of staff glosses over his five years working as an aide to a convicted Pennsylvania state senator that led him to become the central witness in the trial that sent his former boss to prison.
The Secretary of the Homeland Security Department said Thursday that a warning to airlines that terrorists could try to hide explosives in shoes was a routine advisory issued in response to the latest intelligence.