- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
Latest Jeh Johnson Items
Jeh Johnson, President Obama's nominee to head the massive Homeland Security Department, won Senate committee approval on Wednesday, clearing a key hurdle as he seeks to take the reins of a complex bureaucracy still suffering growing pains 10 years after it was created.
Sen. Lindsey Graham threatened Monday to hold up all nominations for federal government positions until survivors of last year's deadly attack on the diplomatic post in Libya appear before Congress.
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham threatened Monday to hold up all nominations for federal government positions until survivors of last year's deadly attack on the diplomatic post in Libya appear before Congress.
Janet Napolitano finally retired as secretary of the Department of Homeland Security to take a job as president of the University of California. That's good news for friends of reason, good sense and liberty, considering her tenure was marked by the implementation of backdoor amnesty schemes.
President Obama nominated former Pentagon lawyer Jeh Johnson Friday to head the Department of Homeland Security, as top Senate Republicans warned of a battle ahead to ensure the department's enforcement of immigration laws.
Republicans are already attacking the man President Obama will nominate to head the Homeland Security Department for his lack of experience on immigration, questioning how he can be qualified if he is not familiar with a major part of the department secretary's portfolio.
President Obama said early Thursday that he wants to make a major push to have Congress pass immigration legislation this year — but by late in the day the White House was confirming he will nominate someone with little immigration experience to head the Department of Homeland Security.
President Obama will nominate former Pentagon lawyer Jeh Johnson as the next Homeland Security secretary on Friday, a senior White House official said.
The idea of a "drone court" wouldn't go over well with an American public that's already suspicious about the government's behind-doors discussions on the emerging technology, one former Defense Department official said.