- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Jennifer E. Duffy
Latest Jennifer E. Duffy Items
Despite a sagging economy and polls showing unhappiness among the electorate, the two major parties are expected to keep their gubernatorial seats this year — raising doubts about whether the anti-incumbency anger of 2010 will materialize again in 2012.
Nevada Rep. Dean Heller said Tuesday he will run for the Senate seat held by fellow Republican John Ensign, who said last week he won't seek a third term in 2012.
As Democrats nationwide shun campaign help from the White House, Senate candidate Alexi Giannoulias plans to buck the trend and stand boldly with President Obama during a presidential stop this week in Illinois.