- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Jennifer Fearing
A Humane Society lobbyist is coming under scrutiny for her close relationship with a member of California Gov. Jerry Brown's inner circle: his dog, Sutter.
A Humane Society lobbyist is coming under scrutiny for her close relationship with a member of California Gov. Jerry Brown's inner circle: his dog Sutter.
Ms. Fearing told the Chronicle that her critics are "clearly overestimating the value" of her dog-walking duties, which she says are based more on her love for animals than her desire to curry favor with the governor.
Those who suspect her of harboring an agenda are reading too much into the situation, she said, adding, "I would like to believe that we live in a civilized society where you can do neighborly things like walking people's dogs."