- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Jennifer Fearing
A Humane Society lobbyist is coming under scrutiny for her close relationship with a member of California Gov. Jerry Brown's inner circle: his dog, Sutter.
A Humane Society lobbyist is coming under scrutiny for her close relationship with a member of California Gov. Jerry Brown's inner circle: his dog Sutter.
Ms. Fearing told the Chronicle that her critics are "clearly overestimating the value" of her dog-walking duties, which she says are based more on her love for animals than her desire to curry favor with the governor.
Those who suspect her of harboring an agenda are reading too much into the situation, she said, adding, "I would like to believe that we live in a civilized society where you can do neighborly things like walking people's dogs."