- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Jennifer Harper Items
Jennifer Harper is outside the Capital Beltway. Her column will resume on Monday.
A team of reporters and editors for The Washington Times won first place in the spot news category of the Society of Professional Journalists' annual Dateline Awards for its coverage of the August earthquake in Virginia. The paper also captured first-place awards in sports, features and arts criticism categories.
Jennifer Harper's Inside the Beltway column is on hiatus until Jan. 4.