- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Jennifer Jones Items
China is rising. The traditional hotbeds of Scotland and Scandinavia are still going strong. The likes of South America and Kuwait are starting to get interested.
One down, one to go. Over to you, Brad.
Canada beat Sweden 6-3 and avenged a loss to the Swedes in the final at the Vancouver Games in 2010. Britain beat Switzerland 6-5 earlier Thursday to win the bronze medal.
Her gold medal-clinching rock wasn't even halfway to the house when Canada skip Jennifer Jones put her hands to her face, soaked in the moment, then jumped up with her broom hoisted in the air.
Canada's curlers gathered in a circle, hoisted their brooms into the air and jumped for joy. Sweden's players linked arms in a huddle and squeezed tight as their tears flowed.
In the summer of 2012, when she was pregnant with her first child and recovering from surgery to repair knee ligament damage, the chances of Jennifer Jones winning gold at the Sochi Olympics seemed remote.
Canada's indomitable curling teams are on course for a gold-medal double at the Sochi Olympics.
Canada became the first team to qualify for the semifinals in women's Olympic curling by beating Russia 5-3 on Saturday to stay undefeated after seven games.
The Canadian women have taken the shortest route possible to the Olympic curling semifinals.