- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Jennifer Nichols
Alexander Haydel shot and killed his wife's ex-husband on the ninth floor of a downtown Memphis hotel in 2011. Armed with two handguns, he then moved higher in the hotel stairwell and ambushed a police officer looking for an active shooter.
"The ranking round is just a practice," she said. "As a team it is going really well. There is great team spirit and everybody is happy."
The victims' families agreed with the settlement, proposed months ago by defense attorney Gerald Skahan, Nichols said.