- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
Topic - Jennifer Tyrrell
On Monday, the Boy Scouts of America announced they will be considering lifting their long-standing ban on homosexual members and leaders. The announcement comes as a surprise, given the Boy Scouts' reaffirmation of their stance against homosexual membership just last summer.
"A secret committee of 11 people can't ignore the hundreds of thousands of people around the country — including thousands of Eagle Scouts, Scout families and former Scouts — that want the ban on gay Scouts and Scout leaders removed," said Jennifer Tyrrell, who pulled her 7-year-old son out of Cub Scouts after she was dropped as a den leader in April.
As Ms. Tyrrell said about the impending decision: "It is a step toward equality in all aspects."