- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Jeremy Espiritu
A 22-year-old Las Vegas man was sentenced to a year in county jail and five years' probation in the thrill killing of the family dog.
A 22-year-old Las Vegas man has taken a plea deal in a bid for probation in a case alleging he slashed the throat of the family dog for the thrill of the kill.
A 22-year-old Las Vegas man who told police he slashed the throat of the family dog because he liked to hurt animals is taking a plea deal that could get him probation or up to four years in prison.
He admitted stabbing and slitting the throat of the black Labrador mixed breed named Serenity at his parents' home on Dec. 5.