- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Latest Jerome Boger Items
The Super Bowl was halted for 34 minutes because of a power outage Sunday night, plunging parts of the Superdome into darkness and briefly leaving TV viewers of the biggest game of the year with no football and no explanation why.
Jerome Boger will be the referee in his first Super Bowl assignment. He has been an NFL official for nine years, and has worked four divisional playoff games.
Is affirmative action coming to the Super Bowl? That's the question being raised by the New York Times, Yahoo News and now Deadspin after NFL referee Jerome Boger was selected for the big game, despite in-season grades that would have automatically disqualified him from being in the running.
Coach Tom Coughlin believes referee Jerome Boger and his crew made the right call in ruling that receiver Victor Cruz was giving himself up and didn't fumble after making a catch on the Giants' game winning touchdown drive against the Arizona Cardinals.