- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
Latest Jerry Brown Items
State lawmakers sent Gov. Jerry Brown a bill Monday designed to strengthen California's campaign finance standards in response to a recent case that prompted the largest campaign reporting fine in state history.
Gov. Jerry Brown praised gay rights advocates Monday night for being on "the cutting edge" in pushing for equality over the last several decades, as he was honored with an award for what supporters said was his lifelong push to advance equal rights.
California counties are confounding the state's court-ordered efforts to sharply reduce its inmate population by sending state prisons far more convicts than anticipated, including a record number of people with second felony convictions.
In a year when California Democrats are worried about motivating their voters, Gov. Jerry Brown heard another unwelcome message Saturday: Some Democratic activists are bristling over his administration's policies on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
The Federal Transit Administration says in a new report that the light-rail "Purple Line" expanding Washington, D.C.'s rail system further into the Maryland suburbs will cost $1 billion more than originally estimated.
Jared Brownridge scored 20 points Thursday night as ninth-seeded Santa Clara defeated No. 8 seed Pacific 81-64 and advanced to the West Coast Conference quarterfinals.
Even in an election year that appears favorable for national Republicans, California Democrats are confident they will retain their iron grip on state leadership and possibly enrich their share of House seats in Washington.
Republican gubernatorial candidate Neel Kashkari on Thursday blamed Gov. Jerry Brown for what he sees as California's decline over the past three decades, saying poverty and unemployment have climbed during the time that Brown was a member of the state's political elite.
San Diego is only about 100 miles from Long Beach, and the cities resemble each other in many ways.