- Church of England allows female bishops
- Obama slammed by black Chicago residents: ‘Worst president ever’
- WHO urges healthy gay men to take HIV prevention drugs, cites ‘exploding epidemics’
- Ukraine: Military plane shot down by rocket
- Ebola crisis in West Africa deepens; 500+ dead
- Propaganda song popular among Central Americans was devised by U.S. Border Patrol
- Sen. Rob Portman: Math is on GOP’s side to win Senate this fall
- Four-time deportee arrested for molesting 9-year-old Texas girl
- Private investigators turn to drones to catch marital cheaters, insurance liars
- Sleep issues can accelerate Alzheimer’s, while mental exercises can delay it, study shows
Latest Jerry Brown Items
A business plan released Tuesday projects that the cost of California's ambitious plan to link its major cities by high-speed rail has ballooned to nearly $100 billion over 20 years, accounting for inflation.
I would like to commend Laurie Edwards-Tate for bringing to attention a problem that has affected nearly 1 in 10 aging Americans, according to statistics published by the National Center on Elder Abuse ("Stamping out financial elder abuse despite Jerry Brown's veto," Web, Oct. 19).
The developer behind a $1.2 billion plan to build a football stadium in downtown Los Angeles got a key boost Tuesday with a law that will help it avoid lengthy court fights.
California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill designed to boost developer Anschutz Entertainment Group's bid to build a $1.2 billion football stadium in downtown Los Angeles.
Meg Whitman may be best known as the billionaire Republican who spent nearly $175 million on a failed effort to become California governor, offering little insight into her motivation in the process.
Lawmakers on Friday sent Gov. Jerry Brown a compromise bill that delays California's effort to force online retailers such as Amazon.com to collect the state's sales taxes while retailers lobby Congress for national rules governing online sales taxes.
Nobody can reasonably question Gov. Jerry Brown's liberal credentials. While at the helm of the Golden State in the 1970s, Mr. Brown sabotaged the death penalty and pushed special privileges for homosexuals. He expanded benefits for union bosses and ran for the Democratic presidential nod three times. Now that he's back in charge of America's largest and most indebted state, Mr. Brown has actually cut spending. Why can't President Obama do the same?
California Gov. Jerry Brown is calling for President Obama to respond to Republicans in what he calls "a very powerful way" during the upcoming presidential election.
University of California at Berkeley law professor Goodwin Liu was nominated Tuesday to the California Supreme Court, a scant two months after his candidacy for a federal judgeship was derailed by Republican objections to his left-leaning legal philosophy.