- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Jerry West Items
The Los Angeles Lakers signed Kobe Bryant to a two-year contract extension Monday, securing the fourth-leading scorer in NBA history into his 20th season with the franchise.
Bryant hasn't played this season as he recovers from surgery on his torn Achilles tendon in April. He's the Lakers all-time leading scorer and currently ranks fourth on the NBA's all-time scoring list.
Just more than three months ago, Inbee Park went to St. Andrews with a shot at becoming the first golfer to win four straight majors in one year. She was No. 1 in women's golf by any measure _ world ranking, money list _ and it wasn't even close.
Bill Sharman effortlessly straddled both sides of the Celtics-Lakers rivalry, winning championships and making friends from Boston to Los Angeles during a unique basketball career.
"Absolutely, I thought about the matchup," James said. "But no one would ever see it. It's not going to happen. But it's good for people to talk about."
NBA legend Michael Jordan believes he could beat LeBron James in a one-on-one basketball game when he was in his prime.
Webb Simpson hopes have another late lead at the Greenbrier Classic _ and this time hang onto it.
Christian Laettner will occasionally see a replay of his famous buzzer beater against Kentucky _ and he tries not to look too excited about it.
When Shaquille O'Neal visited the Forum during the summer he joined the Los Angeles Lakers, general manager Jerry West encouraged him to look up at the retired jerseys hanging above the court.