- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Jesse Jackson Items
The Rev. Jesse Jackson criticized President Obama for putting unaccompanied alien children before Chicago, and argued that the federal government should award the Windy City $2 billion to help combat violence.
Google is planning to release statistics documenting the diversity of its workforce for the first time amid escalating pressure on the technology industry to hire more minorities and women.
Rev. Jesse Jackson plans to bring diversity advocates to eBay and Google shareholder meetings this week in an ongoing push improve Silicon Valley's poor record of including African Americans and Latinos in hiring, board appointments and startup funding.
BOSTON MARATHON ANNIVERSARY
Marking the 67th anniversary of the day Jackie Robinson broke baseball's color barrier, the Rev. Jesse Jackson praised Commissioner Bud Selig for the strides the sport has taken in minority opportunities over the past two decades.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson is bringing a strategy borrowed from the traditional civil rights era playbook to the age of social media and a booming tech industry known for its disruptive innovation.
Rev. Jesse Jackson plans to lead a delegation to the Hewlett Packard annual shareholder meeting on Wednesday to bring attention to Silicon Valley's poor record of including blacks and Latinos in hiring, board appointments and startup funding.
Selma's annual Bridge Crossing Jubilee will feature civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, Tony Award-winning entertainer Jennifer Holliday and others.
Critical conversations about ‘where we go from here,’ to paraphrase Martin Luther King Jr., are lost when the ideas of achievement-oriented black conservatives are dismissed in the media.