- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Jesse Robredo
About 300 rescuers searched Sunday for Philippine Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo and his two pilots after their small plane crashed into the sea while attempting an emergency landing. An aide of Mr. Robredo's made a dramatic escape from the plane and was helping in the search, officials said.
"He was claiming that he was already backing away but then (the victim) continued to attack him so he got a screwdriver and he stabbed Mr. Pempengco," Robredo told ABS-CBN television. "We will compare the account of witnesses with the account of the suspect."
Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo, who spoke with Capili, said the suspect said he was assaulted by Pempengco.