- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Jessica Valenti
“The 'confidence gap' is not a personal defect as much as it is a reflection of a culture that gives women no reason to feel self-assured,” said Jessica Valenti of the Guardian.
Valenti and others agree that women suffer from lower confidence than men, they believe that a meaningful improvement for women will only come with structural change.