- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Latest Jesus Items
Nine out of 10 Americans do Christmas and three-quarters believe in the biblical account of Jesus' birth — but only a little more than half actually regard the holiday primarily as a religious celebration.
It's not a most wonderful time of the year for all Americans, as 1.3 million face a loss of unemployment benefits if Congress doesn't act by Dec. 28.
Safety rules and regulations in south Wales are dictating that a little girl portraying Mary in a church Christmas play wear a safety helmet while riding a donkey during the nativity scene.
Some of those who fear a war on Christmas will be pleased to learn that a nativity scene depicting the birth of Jesus will be displayed at Florida's Capitol in Tallahassee on Tuesday and will remain throughout the Christmas season.
Andrew Sullivan, noted gay commentator and self-professed practicing Catholic, said on a Sunday news talk show that same-sex marriage is in line with his religious faith.
Pope Francis exhorted the faithful in a Tuesday homily to love one's enemy — even when the enemy is a terrorist who blows up other people.
St. Vincent is back home in Spain after an absence of 34 years.
Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly says he's Catholic and conservative, but his actions prove he is neither. How tragic that a man who generally supports traditional American ideals and common sense can basically adopt the liberal, immoral view on the huge issue of marriage today. He said on his program recently that homosexual-marriage supporters have the "compelling argument" and that the other side basically just "thumps the Bible."
The chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused Him. And Herod with his men of war set Him at nought, and mocked Him, and arrayed Him in a gorgeous robe, and sent Him again to Pilate. The same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.