- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Jewel Hampton
The San Francisco 49ers have signed reserve quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson as one of 13 players signed to reserve/future contracts.
Running back Adam Robinson's promising career at Iowa is over.
Even though Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz suspended starting running back Adam Robinson for the Insight Bowl, Ferentz expected Robinson to eventually earn back his spot with the Hawkeyes.
It looked like the only way Iowa could compensate for losing running back Jewel Hampton was to give the ball to starter Adam Robinson.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says running back Jewel Hampton will have knee surgery and is likely gone for the rest of the season.
In its own strange way, the rivalry between Iowa and Iowa State has become predictable.
The anticipation for Iowa sophomore running back Jewel Hampton's return from knee surgery and a one-game suspension has reached a fevered pitch in Iowa City.
True freshman tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz has normally reserved Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz excited about his potential.
Line: Alabama by 37 1/2.
Iowa running back Jewel Hampton entered his sophomore year with the starting job all but locked up.
"I've been waiting a long time," Hampton said. "I'm going to be running on jet fuel."
"I'm just trying to keep a level head. Things happen. You've just to move past them. I'm just really looking forward to this season, and that's what's keeping through the rough times," Hampton said.