- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
Topic - Jill Scott
John Williams and Jill Scott were among the artists who brought this year's Oscar-nominated music to life at an inaugural concert organized by the motion picture academy.
France edged England 4-3 on penalties in the Women's World Cup quarterfinals when England captain Faye White missed the decisive kick on Saturday.
Neo-soul artist Jill Scott brought a sassy new look, new music and a surprise performance Saturday night with soul-singer Anthony Hamilton on the second day of the Essence Music Festival.
"What a shoutin' good time we had," she exclaimed. "The White House is still rocking right now!"
"It's been a love fest," said Scott, who plays Truvy, adding that she would have taken any role to be a part of the star-studded, small-screen retelling of Robert Harling's stage play and original film, set to premiere Oct. 7 on Lifetime.