- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Topic - Jim Corcoran
Northern Virginia faces a major loss of clout on Capitol Hill as Democratic Rep. James P. Moran Jr. confirmed Wednesday that he will join GOP Rep. Frank R. Wolf in heading for the exits after this term.
The political arm of the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce endorsed Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor Thursday, handing the Democrat a key boost from the business community in the state's largest jurisdiction while undercutting his Republican opponent's most effective line of attack thus far.
"Fairfax County is always going to be the best place, but seniority certainly helps," Mr. Corcoran said. "I don't think it was fear there of losing their seats. It was just their time."
"The real loss, in addition to their tremendous personal values, is the seniority part of it, there's no question about it," Mr. Corcoran said. "When you have fixtures there in Congress, you just kind of expect them to be there forever."