- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Jim Corcoran
Northern Virginia faces a major loss of clout on Capitol Hill as Democratic Rep. James P. Moran Jr. confirmed Wednesday that he will join GOP Rep. Frank R. Wolf in heading for the exits after this term.
The political arm of the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce endorsed Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor Thursday, handing the Democrat a key boost from the business community in the state's largest jurisdiction while undercutting his Republican opponent's most effective line of attack thus far.
"Fairfax County is always going to be the best place, but seniority certainly helps," Mr. Corcoran said. "I don't think it was fear there of losing their seats. It was just their time."
"The real loss, in addition to their tremendous personal values, is the seniority part of it, there's no question about it," Mr. Corcoran said. "When you have fixtures there in Congress, you just kind of expect them to be there forever."