- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Jim Corcoran
Northern Virginia faces a major loss of clout on Capitol Hill as Democratic Rep. James P. Moran Jr. confirmed Wednesday that he will join GOP Rep. Frank R. Wolf in heading for the exits after this term.
The political arm of the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce endorsed Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor Thursday, handing the Democrat a key boost from the business community in the state's largest jurisdiction while undercutting his Republican opponent's most effective line of attack thus far.
"Fairfax County is always going to be the best place, but seniority certainly helps," Mr. Corcoran said. "I don't think it was fear there of losing their seats. It was just their time."
"The real loss, in addition to their tremendous personal values, is the seniority part of it, there's no question about it," Mr. Corcoran said. "When you have fixtures there in Congress, you just kind of expect them to be there forever."