- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Jim Craig
If you were a Washington hockey fan growing up as a kid in the 1980s, you, like many hockey kids around the country, may have had a poster of Jim Craig with the American flag draped around him hanging on your wall. Now kids here likely have an Ovechkin poster. They wear an Ovechkin jersey.
Nearly five years after etching his name on the Cup by leading the Pittsburgh Penguins to a title in 2009, Dan Bylsma will coach Team USA at the Sochi Olympics, looking to provide the kind of golden moment that will inspire a country much in the way he was inspired on that cold Friday in February, 1980.
Speed and defense — it is the formula U.S. Olympic coach Dan Bylsma is hoping will push the Americans to their first gold medal in men's hockey since 1980.
Much is being made of how lopsided everyone expects Sunday's game to be between Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos and the visiting Jacksonville Jaguars.
This Jeremy Lin craze has begun to feel like the movie "Twister." Any second now, I expect to see a cow go flying past my windshield — a cow being ridden by Marv Albert.
Four weeks later, he told the New York Times, "The crowds are driving me crazy."