- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Jim Crane Items
The Houston Astros knew they weren't going to win much this season, so with an eye toward the future they cast off their few pricey veterans before the trade deadline, slashing payroll and restocking their depleted farm system.
The Houston Astros hired Jeff Luhnow as their new general manager Wednesday night, hoping he can help rebuild a team that finished with the worst record in the major leagues.
The Houston Astros fired general manager Ed Wade and team president Tal Smith on Sunday night in the first of the changes promised by new owner Jim Crane.
Baseball owners unanimously approved the sale of the Houston Astros from Drayton McLane to Jim Crane on Thursday, which will lead to the team moving from the NL Central to the AL West for the 2013 season.
Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers won the NL Cy Young Award in a runaway Thursday.
New Astros owner Jim Crane is promising plenty of changes in addition to the club's move to the American League.
Kirk Gibson and Joe Maddon won Manager of the Year awards Wednesday --- one for overseeing a worst-to-first turnaround that lasted all season, the other after a frantic playoff push in the final month.
Major League Baseball told Houston businessman Jim Crane it would not approve his purchase of the Astros unless he agreed to move the team to the American League, The Associated Press has learned.
The proposed sale of the Houston Astros from Drayton McLane to Jim Crane is on the agenda for approval when baseball owners meet next week, The Associated Press has learned.