- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Latest Jim Furyk Items
Martin Kaymer thought his gap wedge to the island green on the 17th hole at The Players Championship was fine. He couldn't believe it when he realized it had bounced sideways and spun so hard that it wound up in the shaggy collar, a foot away from going into the water.
A brief look at the final round Sunday at The Players Championship at the TPC Sawgrass:
Jim Furyk has had a chance to win the last two weeks - both times from the locker room.
Kaymer nearly blew a three-shot lead after a 90-minute rain delay until he holed a 30-foot par putt on the famous island green. He got up-and-down with his putter from short of the 18th green for one last par and a 1-under 71.
Martin Kaymer never lost sight of opportunity even amid so much evidence of trouble in the closing stretch Sunday at The Players Championship.
Martin Kaymer treated Friday as if it were a new day. He wound up in a familiar spot with a 3-under 69 that stretched his lead in The Players Championship.
Phil Mickelson can't seem to see the shots. He can't picture his putts going into the hole. And for the second big tournament this year, the only thing he will see of the final two rounds will be on television.
If J.B. Holmes ever needs a reminder of just how far he's come, he only has to look in his closet.
J.B. Holmes was a 3-foot putt away from winning the Wells Fargo Championship when he backed away to size up the situation.