- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
Latest Jim Graham Items
Two youths and a corrections officer were taken to a hospital after dangerous incidents over the weekend at the District's secure facility for juveniles in Laurel, officials said Sunday.
D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown is fighting mad, and he appears to be fighting a very good fight.
More than 50 D.C. youths in the custody of the city's juvenile justice agency either have been killed or found guilty of killing someone else over the past five years — and the majority of them had been categorized in advance as posing a "high," "high-medium" or "medium" risk of reoffending.
Four days after a federal raid on his Northeast home, D.C. Council member Harry Thomas Jr. took part in the unanimous approval of a sweeping ethics bill that could see final passage before the end of the year.
D.C. Council member Tommy Wells on Wednesday called for the elimination of special funds the city's lawmakers are supposed to use to help the needy — money critics consider "slush funds" rarely tapped to help residents.
Like so many other D.C. youths, Alexis Mattocks grew up before her time.
A 17-year-old D.C. Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services ward who was shot on Halloween night in Georgetown has died, officials said Tuesday.
The same month Andre Wiggins was released from the custody of the District's juvenile justice agency, police raided his Northeast home and found a handgun and a vial of PCP, according to officials and court records.