- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest Jim Harbaugh Items
Kevin Sumlin. Chris Petersen. James Franklin.
Tara VanDerveer has never concerned herself with coaching milestones, always focusing on the next game.
On top of their games last season, their first as starting quarterbacks, a variety of circumstances have conspired to test each player's aspirations over the past several months. Those issues have fueled in-depth examinations of their performance in a season in which it seemed certain they would ascend to superstardom.
San Francisco averaged 34.8 points per game during a five-game winning streak that lasted into its Nov. 3 bye week. Since returning from the time off, however, the 49ers have encountered a glaring inability to get into the end zone, losing first to the Carolina Panthers, 10-9, on Nov. 10 before falling, 23-20, on the road to the New Orleans Saints this past Sunday.
Both young QBs Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III emerged last season with a blast of success. This season, little has come easy.
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday.
All-Pro 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was activated to the 53-man roster from the non-football injury list Thursday, two days after he turned himself in to Santa Clara County authorities as he faces weapons charges.
His players may be more interested in eating and shopping. San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh wants to draw on the force of history.
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was charged Wednesday with three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from a party at his home in June 2012.