- North Korea: Not a single vote cast against Kim Jong-un
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Latest Jim Harbaugh Items
San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh said Tuesday there's been communication between the NFL and the team after Seattle's Jeremy Lane ran into an unidentified person on the 49ers sideline during the NFC championship game.
The San Francisco 49ers took months last year to get over the sting of a three-point Super Bowl loss to Baltimore.
In another season of coming oh so close, here is a look at some of the best and worst moments for the San Francisco 49ers during a year that ended with a loss in the NFC championship game to the archrival Seattle Seahawks on Sunday that left them at 14-5:
Seahawks owner Paul Allen raised the "12th Man" flag before kickoff for the second time since the team started the tradition.
NaVorro Bowman tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee when he went down during Sunday's NFC championship loss at Seattle, a person with direct knowledge of the injury said Monday.
Patrick Willis took the high road. He hopes the Seattle Seahawks win the Super Bowl and represent their division and the NFC.
Matchups for the NFC championship game Sunday between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks at the CenturyLink Field:
Derek Mason wants to make a few things clear: He has plenty of experience recruiting in the South, hopes to finish his career at Vanderbilt and has very high goals for the Commodores - such as playing the Southeastern Conference championship.
Come Sunday, NFL fans might see coaches Bill Belichick or Jim Harbaugh hollering at the referee and throwing a red flag on the field to challenge a call.