- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
Latest Jim Harbaugh Items
San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh said Tuesday there's been communication between the NFL and the team after Seattle's Jeremy Lane ran into an unidentified person on the 49ers sideline during the NFC championship game.
NaVorro Bowman tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee when he went down during Sunday's NFC championship loss at Seattle, a person with direct knowledge of the injury said Monday.
Seahawks owner Paul Allen raised the "12th Man" flag before kickoff for the second time since the team started the tradition.
Patrick Willis took the high road. He hopes the Seattle Seahawks win the Super Bowl and represent their division and the NFC.
Matchups for the NFC championship game Sunday between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks at the CenturyLink Field:
Derek Mason wants to make a few things clear: He has plenty of experience recruiting in the South, hopes to finish his career at Vanderbilt and has very high goals for the Commodores - such as playing the Southeastern Conference championship.
Come Sunday, NFL fans might see coaches Bill Belichick or Jim Harbaugh hollering at the referee and throwing a red flag on the field to challenge a call.
LaMichael James might only get a couple of chances to touch the ball when the San Francisco 49ers face the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC championship game Sunday.
Vanderbilt took less than a week before filling its vacant head football coaching position, announcing Friday the university had tabbed Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason.