- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Jim Johnson
Jim Johnson is perplexed by his struggles when he believes he is throwing good pitches.
Two of the American League's top teams have struggling closers who are accustomed to being among the best in baseball.
Bond has been set at $50,000 each for two men arrested and charged for looting at Lee County residences in the storm aftermath.
Jemile Weeks endured a month of bus rides in the minor leagues and a futile trip to Yankee Stadium before finally making his debut with the Baltimore Orioles.
Jim Johnson struggled again. The Oakland Athletics picked up their new closer with a strong finish.
Jim Johnson spent the first week of the season making adjustments after a pair of surprising results in his new uniform.
Coco Crisp altered his batting approach and tried to muscle up in his last at-bat.
As much as Scott Kazmir won over Oakland fans with his dazzling debut, new Athletics closer Jim Johnson is losing them with another ninth-inning meltdown.
Terry Francona asked crew chief Mike Winters to review a collision at the plate, and the umpire obliged. The call was confirmed, denying Cleveland the go-ahead run, but the Indians' manager appreciated how smoothly the new replay process went.
Jim Johnson got pulled in the ninth inning with a sellout crowd booing, hardly the kind of Oakland debut the reigning AL saves leader had hoped for Monday.
Capsules of American League West teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Authorities say an 82-year-old woman whose vehicle struck and killed a cyclist in Omaha was trying to avoid a stopped car.
New Oakland closer Jim Johnson was glad to get through his first outing of the spring with the Athletics, and manager Bob Melvin is allowing him to prepare at his own pace.
Five things to know about the Oakland Athletics as they start spring training camp:
The defending AL West champion A's lost ace Bartolo Colon but bolstered a bullpen that could be MLB's best in 2014.
Johnson said of the crowd treatment.
"What am I supposed to do?" he said of the crowd treatment. "I don't know what to tell you. Balls are finding holes. I'm throwing pretty good pitches, I just feel like I'm in a little bit of bad luck. I don't think it's as bad as it really seems. I think everybody else thinks that way."