- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Jim Leyland Items
Clint Hurdle won the NL Manager of the Year award Tuesday after guiding the Pittsburgh Pirates to the playoffs in their first winning season since 1992.
Lloyd McClendon was hired as manager of the Seattle Mariners on Tuesday, taking over a rebuilding job that Eric Wedge walked away from.
The 54-year-old McClendon is the 16th full-time manager in club history. He takes over a club that went 71-91 last year. He will be formally introduced by the team on Thursday.
When Brad Ausmus was a player _ which wasn't that long ago _ the mental aspect of the game always came pretty easily.
If you are looking for signs of hope, the Nationals hiring Matt Williams is one of them – the players don't make the decisions. Nationals general manager and president of baseball operations Mike Rizzo does, and this one may be the most important of his tenure so far.
Jim Leyland is stepping down as manager of the Detroit Tigers.
Leyland was 700-597 with the Tigers. In all, he is 1,769-1,728 with the Tigers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies. He won the World Series in 1997 with Florida.
A picture of Jim Leyland's face stared out from the video board at an empty Comerica Park, next to that familiar Olde English "D" and a message that said simply: "Thank You Jim."
Koji Uehara wasn't Boston's first choice to be closer this season.