- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Latest Jim Schwartz Items
Jim Schwartz's emotions have gotten the best of him at least a few times publicly as coach of the Detroit Lions.
Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz isn't interested in talking about his job security.
NFL coaches always seem keenly aware of the worst-case scenario, so it was no surprise when Detroit's Jim Schwartz brushed off any talk of his team's position in the standings.
The Lions said surgery was scheduled for Tuesday and did not immediately say how much time Burleson might miss.
Jim Schwartz stepped into perhaps the NFL's worst job of all time, inheriting its first 0-16 team.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: My name is Jim Schwartz. I work for TRICARE For Life in the Priority Benefits Department. I have recently read your last article from Mary W. in Toledo and thought that I might be able to help. Could you provide me with contact info for Mary or give her mine? I will see what we can to help her out.
"No question about it," John said. "We've had that conversation in the past. It just never really worked out timing-wise. I'd love to work for Jim. It would be the greatest thing in the world." Jim, coach of the San Francisco 49ers, said, "Definitely, I would work for him."
Working separately, John and Jim Harbaugh each guided their team to the Super Bowl. They will be on opposite sidelines Sunday, John as head coach of the Baltimore Ravens and Jim with the San Francisco 49ers.
The Detroit Lions have gotten quite a return on the $132 million, eight-year investment they made in Calvin Johnson nine months ago.