- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Jim Valvano
The V Foundation for Cancer Research has named NFL Network President and CEO Steve Bornstein as the chairman of its board.
He never quite believed it himself.
It's one of the most lasting images from the NCAA basketball tournament.
Lorenzo Charles, the hero from North Carolina State's stunning national championship game win in 1983, was killed Monday when an empty bus he was driving for Elite Coach crashed along Interstate 40 in Raleigh.
Lorenzo Charles, the muscular forward whose last-second dunk gave underdog North Carolina State a stunning win in the 1983 national college championship game, was killed Monday when a bus he was driving crashed along a highway, a company official said.
Josh Pastner was first up on a media conference call for the Jimmy V Classic. He was humbled to be the first of the four coaches to speak.
The foundation that bears the nickname of late North Carolina State basketball coach Jim Valvano says Borstein took over earlier this week.
"Let's face reality," he said finally. "It's nothing but a guessing game."