- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Jim Valvano Items
Rick Pitino knows how lasting one more win would be.
It doesn't matter what the final vote totals say, there will be more than one greatest moment and one greatest team. There will even be more than the 15 greatest players.
Morgan Wootten has received many awards in recognition of his long and successful coaching career at DeMatha High School.
Christian Laettner's incredible shot. Jim Valvano's joyous dash. Everybody has a favorite NCAA tournament memory.
Lorenzo Charles was remembered Saturday for more than a last-second dunk that remains one of the NCAA tournament's signature moments.
He never quite believed it himself.
Lorenzo Charles provided the NCAA tournament with one of its enduring moments. The video of his basket in the 1983 championship game is replayed every March.
It's one of the most lasting images from the NCAA basketball tournament.
Lorenzo Charles, the hero from North Carolina State's stunning national championship game win in 1983, was killed Monday when an empty bus he was driving for Elite Coach crashed along Interstate 40 in Raleigh.