- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Jim Weaver
Whit Babcock is fulfilling a lifelong dream by becoming the athletic director at Virginia Tech.
Weaver revealed in 2008 that he is battling Parkinson's disease, and in recent years and has undergone four back surgeries and a hip replacement. He says he's due to have both of his hips replaced in the near future.
Tennessee and Virginia Tech will finally play a football game at Bristol Motor Speedway and expect to set a single-game football attendance record in what is being billed as the "Battle at Bristol."
Hughes, who is recovering from a heart attack on June 11, compiled a 222-174 in seven seasons in Blacksburg. The Hokies hosted a regional in the NCAA tournament for the first time this season, reaching the championship round before losing to Oklahoma.
Virginia Tech is in talks with Old Dominion about playing a football series, Hokies athletic director Jim Weaver said Friday, though the two sides do not have a contract or dates yet.
Suspended Virginia Tech placekicker Cody Journell's future with the Hokies is in the hands of athletic director Jim Weaver.
Seth Greenberg was fired as the men's basketball coach at Virginia Tech on Monday, a decision athletic director Jim Weaver said he and basketball administrator Tom Gabbard arrived at last week as they assessed the state of the program.
Virginia Tech fired basketball coach Seth Greenberg Monday after nine seasons of nearly permanent residence on the NCAA tournament bubble and massive staff turnover in recent years.